It’s 3 o’clock on a Saturday afternoon, and you just realised you have a dinner date in an hour. You check yourself out in the mirror, look at your eyebrows and notice that it’s been over two weeks since you last got your eyelash extensions or eyebrow shaping. You feel uneasy about this whole “date night” thing.
Eyelash extensions and eyebrow shaping are great for making you look like a generally happier and relaxed person, but they have to be kept up. Once you stop getting them maintained or correctly fitted, they can start to look really bad.
What’s the first thing you do? You feel your eyes, trying to determine how crazy it looks.
Installing eyelash extensions might seem like a simple task. However, many factors can make this procedure more complicated than you think.
A combination of the experience level of the salon owner and the technician will definitely affect your results!
Eyebrow shaping and tinting are other subjects where people’s opinions on what is considered pretty are as varied as their own eye colours. A perfect eyebrow shaping should define your face and give the illusion of bigger eyes under all circumstances, which is extremely difficult to achieve.
If you have been thinking about having your eyelashes or eyebrows shaped, you may want to consider having both the lash and the eyebrows done.
Here is everything you need to know about eyelash extensions and eyebrow shaping.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the following things:
- Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Natural Lash Extension
- Important Facts You Should Know About Express Lashes
- How to Shape Your Eyebrow According to the Face Shape?
- An Easy Way of Tinting Your Eyebrows at Home
1. Things you probably didn’t know about natural lash extension
What is Eyelash Extension?
Eyelash extension is the process that is used to increase the length, boost the volume and curliness of natural eyelashes.
The extension made up of:
The eyelash extension is made up of several materials such as
- Horse hairs
The primary method of applying lash extension is sticking individual extensions to the eyelash line via adhesive glue.
Types of eyelash extension:
Synthetic Lashes: It is generally stronger and thinner like your natural extension. They are also cost-effective as compared to other extensions.
Mink lashes: It is made up of natural fibre and looks like a real eyelash. It is easy to curl and put on mascara as you wish.
Faux-mink lashes: They are like synthetic lashes and behave the same as mink lashes. They are made up of plastic, never look like natural lashes hair. Faux mink lashes are light in weight and give a glossy look. If you want to shine in your lash, then faux mink lash is the best option to opt for.
Silk Lashes: It is light in weight; that’s why they stay longer on your eyes. Some people think that putting a lash extension will pull out the natural lash extension. Nevertheless, technically, they don’t.
Steps of grafting lash extension:
- Remove the makeup. Use makeup remover to ensure that your natural eyelashes are clean and free from every trace of makeup.
- Let your lashes dry up completely before applying lash extensions.
- Brush the natural lashes with the help of an eyelash brush to make them smooth and separate from each other.
- Cover the area under the eyes with an adhesive pad.
- Now select the length of lash extension you want to use at the outermost eye corner.
- Take adhesive glue, shake it for 60 seconds. After shaking well, place out a pea-sized glue in a container.
- Grab the tweezers and clip the cluster of extension that is going to be used.
- Dip the knot of extension in adhesive glue, not too deep.
- Close your eyes and slowly place synthetic extension near your natural lash.
- You can use a single lash and apply 2-3 long extensions or a cluster of extensions on the outermost corner of the eye.
- Repeat this process to complete the applying process of natural eyelash extension on the eye.
Styles of eyelash extension:
The styles of grafting eyelash extension are not limited, but the most common styles are:
- Doll eye style: Doll eye draws the majority of length in the middle of the eye. When the extension opens up, it makes the eye look larger and more natural-looking eyelash extension.
- Cat-eye style: Cat-eye put the length at the end of the eye to make a more almond look of an eye.
- Dramatic eye style: Dramatic eye draws lots of length throughout the eye to get a more noticeable look.
- Post-care treatment: There are a variety of things you should avoid after lash extension to keep them long-lasting.
- Oily skin: If you have oily skin, lash extension may not last for a long time because oil dissolves the glue used to hold the lashes. It is better to keep your skin dry, especially around the eyes.
Oil-based beauty products:
If you are using an oil-based cleanser, mascara, makeup remover or moisturisers, etc., this may also be a reason for shortening the life of the lash extension.
Contact with water:
Refrain from too much interaction of lash extension with water. Another fact is that you cannot get your extension wet for at least 48 hours after they have been put to bond properly.
What material is used in the manufacturing of eyelash extensions?
The extension is manufactured using Polybutylene terephthalate, a high-fibre material that helps preserve its shape and acts as heat resistant.
They are shape memory fibres. Having this feature, the extension hairs are rolled on an aluminium or glass rod and heated for a certain period to form a curve.
How long do lash extensions last?
It depends on these two factors:
- Types of extension: Some extensions are heavier in weight; that’s why they fall faster along with your natural lash. If you are choosing lash extension, then keep this fact in mind.
- Your Natural eyelash: If you have naturally thick lashes, then they won’t fall too much, and extensions will stay for a long time, but if you get thin or light lashes, they are not good at supporting an extension. That’s why the chances of falling your natural lash along with extension are highest.
How can you maintain a natural lash extension?
Use a dry mascara brush once a day to keep the extension in straight and untangled condition.
Can eyelash extension damage your original eyelash?
The certified specialist will use qualified lash, glow and the latest technology for grafting regular eyelash extension. The experts graft the extension 2mm away from the natural lash’s root. This way, it becomes safe to use as it won’t be touching your eyelids.
Can eyelashes cause blindness?
Not at all. Some people may experience swelling or allergic reactions on the eye after lash extension. It may occur due to eye sensitivity to lash extension glue. It is better to go for a glue test before putting an eyelash extension on.
How to remove eyelash extension?
You can do this by using oil-based makeup remover and water as it helps dissolve adhesive glue used to hold the lash extension.
Almost every woman wants lengthy and thick eyelashes to enhance their beauty even without using makeup. For this purpose, she tries some things such as mascara, lashes lengthening serum, fake re-useable lashes or many other lash extension products available in the market.
Though, all of these techniques are temporary. The solution to this problem is to hire an eyelash extension service to avoid opting for different DIY lash extension techniques or products.
1. Important Facts You Should Know About Express Lashes
If you want your lashes to look more beautiful, Express eyelashes are the perfect alternative. Your lashes will give a gorgeous look without any eye makeup.
Want to know all about Express lashes and why they are great for you? Read more to find out.
There are 3 styles of express lashes:
- Express eyelash extension
Strip lashes are not permanent eyelashes. They are available in the form of one long strip that you can apply once you have completed the makeup. You can easily apply strip lashes at home.
Steps of applying strip lashes: Take a strip of a lash, apply glue on the inner side of the extension and place it on your natural lash line. They last for a night and are best for use on short holidays, special events or weekends.
Tip: Be careful while applying strip lashes; try not to ruin the rest of your makeup.
Like strip lashes, they are not available in the form of a long strip. 4-5 lashes are combined to form a cluster of lashes. Clusters are known as party lashes or lash fillers, and they are perfect for weddings and other occasions. They will stand for a few days.
Steps of applying Cluster lashes: You have to clip each cluster with the help of tweezers and drop it on your natural lash line. Attach the cluster of lashes with the help of glue.
Express lashes extension:
Express lashes are a semi-permanent lash extension that is quick and easy to apply in a salon. Like strip or cluster lashes, they are not available in the form of a long strip or cluster. You have to apply an individual lash on your natural lash line without isolating each strand.
Steps of applying express lashes: The expert will clip individual lash with tweezers, dip its knot in adhesive glue and place it on the top of your natural lashes. Repeat these steps until you get desired results.
Benefits of Express lashes:
- You don’t need to wear mascara every morning
- They are light in weight and easy to wear
- A quick solution for those who are missing their natural lashes
- They enhance the look of your eyes
- Give you a gorgeous look for every event
Do express lashes damage your natural lashes?
The myth about the lash extension is that they ruin your natural lashes. They are safe to use because they do not ruin the health of natural lashes. However, they don’t if applied by the right specialist correctly and adequately.
What is the duration of express lashes treatment?
The express lashes treatment takes about 30 minutes to complete. These are semi-permanent lashes. That’s why they last up to 2 weeks.
The results of express lashes are not comparable with the classic lash extension. Express lashes don’t give a fuller look like other semi-permanent lash extensions.
Express lashes can’t be infilled. It is best to visit a professional to remove them.
If you want to keep express lashes, then they can be reapplied.
Can I use mascara after express lashes treatment?
Yes, you can wear it, but avoid using oil-based mascara because it dissolves the adhesive glue and shortens the life of the extension.
2. How to Shape Your Eyebrow According to the Face Shape?
It is the grooming process of an eyebrow to give proper shape and a neat look to your brows. It can either be done by plucking, waxing or threading.
Have a look at the best eyebrow shape techniques and methods.
Techniques used for eyebrow shaping:
Waxing: It is a standard method that is used for eyebrow shaping. In this process, the beautician waxes the brow’s outer area, pluck the stray hair, and applies the waxing strip over it. Then the expert pulls this stripe in the opposite direction to pull out all the unnecessary hair.
Threading: It is the most popular method used for hair removal with the help of thread. The expert twists the thread multiple times to grab the considerable amounts of hairs at the same time and plucked them out.
Electrolysis: It is the latest clinical treatment for brow shaping. In this treatment, the specialist targets the follicles with an electric current using a tiny needle. The current eliminates the hairs and prevents their regrowth.
Six steps to determine the correct shape for your eyebrow:
Step 1 – Determine where your inner brow ends: Take a pencil, put it against the side of your nose. Draw a vertical line straight up to where it meets the brows. If you want less space between both eyebrows, draw a vertical line in a straight edge with one side of the nasal septum. Mark via spotted line. These lines will help you to determine the starting points of your eyebrows.
Step 2 – Finding the peak of your eyebrow arc: Tilt the angle a bit so that the middle of the brow joins the outermost edge of the nose by passing through the centre of the pupil. The exact point over the middle of the pupil where the line meets the eyebrow is the peak of your brow arc. Mark it via a dotted line and repeat this process for the other eye.
Note: This practice needs to be done in front of a mirror. Keep your eyes and face straight; otherwise, you may not get the ideal result.
Step 3 – Determine the outermost end of your brow: Now make an angle of the straight edge in a way that it creates a diagonal shape to the outer edge of the nose passing through the extreme edge of your eye. It tells you the outermost end of your eyebrow. Mark this point and repeat the process for the other eye.
Step 4 – Draw a line along the bottom edge of your brow: Follow the natural curvature of your brow. It will tell you how thick your brows are.
Step 5 – Pluck the stray hairs: Pluck out the extra hairs that exist below or outside the marked line you have made. Try to retain the natural curvature of the brow.
Step 6 – Consider your face shape: Perfectly shaped eyebrows play a crucial role in enhancing your looks. So make sure you will be doing all this according to your face shape.
Ways of achieving a perfectly shaped eyebrow that matches your face:
- Round Face: The well-defined, structured eyebrows with angled arcs and longer ends is the best eyebrow shape for a round face. It gives a slimming effect to your face.
- Oval Face: If you have a high forehead, large eyes and lips, well-balanced and thicker brows are the best shape for an oval face.
- Heart-Shaped Face: If you have a heart-shaped face, then rounded arc, soft angled eyebrow shape with natural colour will suit your face.
- Square Face: If you have a square shape of your face, softer with peak angled brows will suit your face.
- Oblong Face: The people having oblong face shapes, thick and shorter brows shape is best.
- Diamond-Shaped Face: The people having diamond face shapes should avoid high arc as they could exaggerate face length.
What is the solution to the risk factor after the treatment?
The expert may apply soothing lotion or an ice cube in a circular motion to treat the redness. It takes around 15-20 minutes to get a proper eyebrow shape.
3. An Easy Way of Tinting Your Eyebrows at Home
Eyebrow tint is a semi-permanent dye, which is used to dye the hairs of eyebrows. It can either be done at home or salon. You can go for any one of them to get a professional eyebrow tinting service.
Steps of eyebrow tinting:
Step 1 – Clean your brows: Either you are taking this service at a salon or doing it at home; before starting the process, clean your eyebrows, make them free from any makeup residue and leave for drying.
Step 2 – Apply protective barriers: Apply a layer of petroleum jelly or any ointment around the eye area to protect it from staining.
Step 3 – Dye mixing: Pour the required amount of dye and a few drops of the developer (given in tinting kit) in a small bowl. Mix them well.
Step 4 – Apply dye on brows: Use an applicator (provided in the tinting kit) to paint the dye over each brow.
Tip: You can use a brow brush for applying dye on the eyebrows; it fills and shapes them more perfectly than the applicator.
Step 5 – Clean up extra dye: Grab a cotton pad to remove the extra dye that can fall accidentally on any other skin area.
Step 6 – Remove the dye: Wait for 10 minutes. Once the recommended time is passed, take a wet cotton ball and remove the dye.
The tinting method is almost the same whether you are doing it at home or hire a professional for this.
Precautions when getting eyebrow tinting service at the salon:
- Choose the right and reputed specialist for professional eyebrow tint.
- Don’t select the same colour of dye that matches your eyebrows’ colour.
- Never go too light in dye colour selection.
- Never use standard dye for eyebrow tinting.
- Always prefer dye that is designed explicitly for the eyebrow and eyelash tint process.
- Do a patch test before tinting.
- Don’t forget to apply the protective barrier around the eyes.
- Refrain from leaving a dye on the skin for a long time.
- Refrain from using oil-based face washes and moisturiser.
- Discontinue the use of oil-based face or cosmetic products.
- Avoid too much face washing.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Use sunblock when going outside.
How long does eyebrow tint last?
Eyebrow tint typically lasts 4-6 weeks. It also depends on how much time you spend in sunlight, your hair growth, and your contact with water. As many times you wash your face, the colour of tint will fade away naturally.
Following are some other factors on which stay time of tint depends:
- Type of dye that is used.
- What type of makeup remover are you using?
- The type of sunblock and a gentle cleanser
How much time is required for tinting eyebrows?
The time required for the tinting process is about 15-20 minutes. It is a semi-permanent eyebrow tint that will fade away in a few weeks. A vegetable dye is the best eyebrow tint to use because it is not harmful to the eyes.
Eyebrow tinting is an ideal solution for those who have naturally thin or light colour brow hairs. It refrains the people from the hassle of wearing mascara or using pencil colour every morning. It is a temporary eyebrow tint that is used to enhance the look of eyebrows.
Stay on top of your schedule with our Expert App. Simply download it and book an appointment from anywhere—no need to memorize any phone number. You get all the Lash and Brow styles you love with no hidden or surprise costs.